Termites: A $5 Billion Dollar Threat!
Subterranean termites attack homes across Greater Boston, Middlesex County, Peabody, Essex County and the entire state. Luckily PestAgon offers termite control services to Framingham, Natick, Newton, Metro West, and Massachusetts. They are social insects that nest in underground colonies. There can be millions of termites in a colony, but you may never notice any evidence of them until you see them swarming or discover the serious damage they caused to your home. In fact, termites cause more than $5 billion worth of damage each year in the U.S. alone – damage not covered by most homeowner’s insurance.
The Advance® Termite Baiting System
Termite protection with Advance® Termite Monitoring
Waiting until termites actually strike to take action to get rid of them is
one of the biggest termite control mistakes a homeowner can make.
Your home is simply too important, and the potential damages are too great,
for a cross-your-fingers-and-wait strategy when it comes to termites.
ADVANCE® Termite Monitoring
Advance Termite Monitoring watches over your home 24 hours a day and allows PestAgon Technicians to check regularly to make sure termites are not present.
Advance Termite Monitoring Stations with termite inspection cartridges are strategically installed around your home. These cartridges contain active-ingredient-free Puri-Cell® monitoring tablets that termites find even more appetizing than wood.
If termites do show up at your home, the monitoring system turns into your first line of defense!
Why Choose The Advance Termite Bait System over other Baits?
• The Advance Termite Bait System is an intelligently designed system, with proven results. Second- generation station design based on input from universities and pest professionals.
• Offers a major advance in termite baiting technology via a dual-stage process that features termite- preferred food sources and an ultra-low disturbance design to pattern termites’ natural feeding behavior, leading to enhanced colony elimination.
• The large containerized bait load allows for a large amount of bait to be fed to the colony in a short time to eliminate termite colonies faster.
• A proprietary rugged station locking mechanism that helps to keep children and pets out.
• Termite bait technology extensively researched by leading university researchers to demonstrate effectiveness in eliminating single and multiple termite colonies.
How does the Advance Termite Bait System work?
• First, a technician will inspect your home for termites.
• Thereafter, the Advance Termite Bait System will be installed in soil around the perimeter of your home.
• The stations will be checked regularly for termite activity.
• When termites are found in a station, the Termite Inspection Cartridge (TIC), containing no active ingredient, is replaced with a Termite Bait Cartridge containing the active ingredient so termites can start feeding on the bait.
• As termites feed and then travel back to the colony, they share termite bait with other nest mates and send other termites back to feed on the bait. As feeding on the bait continues and more and more
termites are affected, the termite colony starts to die and is eliminated.
• After a colony is eliminated, the bait is replaced with a new inspection cartridge. PestAgon
will continue to inspect the stations regularly to discover and treat any new colonies that invade your property.